2017 is the year of fitness! Getting in shape has become the hot new trend. Having a fit body (however defined) requires a lot of time, dedication and commitment but the process starts with small steps. As someone who’s a few months into my fitness journey, taking beginners steps has been the key to my success.
8 tips for Beginners Fitness
- Set an attainable goal. – Don’t plan on running a 5k the first week if you’ve never ran a race before. Working towards a goal will motivate you throughout the workout.
- Create a workout schedule. – Mix it up throughout the week with different workouts! Seeing a schedule on a calendar reduces the chance of skipping out on a workout.
- Workout to music or eBook. – Depending on what moves your muscle, listing to something during a workout can help distract from the pain.
- Buy sexy workout clothes. – Create the “first day of the school year” outfit feel with colorful yoga pants and tops! Create excitement for the gym by rocking an outfit that makes you feel awesome
- Workout with a buddy. – It can be hard to find the energy to go to the gym after a long work day. Working out with a buddy can help you stay on track for the workout.
- Set your own pace. – There’s always that one person running like a gazelle at top speed on the treadmill. There’s no need to be that person, go at a pace that works for you.
- Track your progress. – Seeing “Before” pictures can help show more of a change then the digits on a scale. Flexing a muscle that wasn’t previously there a few weeks ago, is definitely an exhilarating moment.
- Eat Healthy! – Working out and eating clean go hand in hand. Swapping out soda for water and chips with fruit, is a good first step to making healthy choices.
That’s it! 8 simple tips for a fitness beginner’s. The key is to stay focused and keep going, comment your favorite workout tips and stay tuned for more fitness tips!
Related articles across the web