2017 is the year of fitness! Getting in shape has become the hot new trend. Having a fit body (however defined) requires a lot of time, dedication and commitment but the process starts with small steps. As someone who’s a few months into my fitness journey, taking beginners steps has been the key to my success.
8 tips for Beginners Fitness
- Set an attainable goal. – Don’t plan on running a 5k the first week if you’ve never ran a race before. Working towards a goal will motivate you throughout the workout.
- Create a workout schedule. – Mix it up throughout the week with different workouts! Seeing a schedule on a calendar reduces the chance of skipping out on a workout.
- Workout to music or eBook. – Depending on what moves your muscle, listing to something during a workout can help distract from the pain.
- Buy sexy workout clothes. – Create the “first day of the school year” outfit feel with colorful yoga pants and tops! Create excitement for the gym by rocking an outfit that makes you feel awesome
- Workout with a buddy. – It can be hard to find the energy to go to the gym after a long work day. Working out with a buddy can help you stay on track for the workout.
- Set your own pace. – There’s always that one person running like a gazelle at top speed on the treadmill. There’s no need to be that person, go at a pace that works for you.
- Track your progress. – Seeing “Before” pictures can help show more of a change then the digits on a scale. Flexing a muscle that wasn’t previously there a few weeks ago, is definitely an exhilarating moment.
- Eat Healthy! – Working out and eating clean go hand in hand. Swapping out soda for water and chips with fruit, is a good first step to making healthy choices.
That’s it! 8 simple tips for a fitness beginner’s. The key is to stay focused and keep going, comment your favorite workout tips and stay tuned for more fitness tips!
Related articles across the web
Join the Family!
Subscribe to get the latest fitness and meal prep tips!